Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Julia's cake



I placed an ad once on craigslist for cakes and Julia responded to my ad by emailing a request to get together to talk about her wedding cake. We met at a nearby mall along with her mom and dad. We all immediately took a liking to each other. I had brought cake samples that they all enjoyed. Right then and there they not only hired me to make their wedding cake, but her mom asked me to make the bridal shower cake as well. Her colors were pink, black and silver.
When I delivered the Bridal Shower cake, her mother looked at it and started to cry and just hugged me.


Shortly thereafter she sent me an invitation to her wedding!

For her wedding cake, I made a stencil from her wedding invitation and painted it onto her top tier. We delivered it to the Vancouver, Wa. Hilton and people just loved it!


The shoes and flowers on her shower cake were gumpaste, and the purse was rice crispies treats. Her cake topper was made of gumpaste roses airbrushed a sparkly pink!

Julia was a fun bride! She was great to work with and I was sooo happy to give her the cake of her dreams.  Her husband and parents were very nice too!

No comments:

Post a Comment