Sunday, August 8, 2010

Jacqueline and Duane's wedding

A week ago, my husband and I had the privilege of attending a wedding for which I made the cake. From the first time I met the bride and groom to talk about their cake I like them! Just very nice people! As can be manifested by the fact that they invited us to their wedding! And what a wedding it was! I have to say this was one of the most beautiful weddings I had ever attended. The trip there was a little ways and there were times that the road was pretty rugged and I was holding my breath that the cake would make it through in one piece.

But when we got there, the cake was in one piece and venue was worth the trip! It was an outdoor wedding... and the grounds were beautiful!!!!! A beautiful pond with ducks, flowers, fountains, shady groves, even peacocks wandering around! Take a look at this place!
























These three struck a pose for me!


Greg on a little bridge across the lake...




Flowers like this all over the place!






Such beautiful table settings!








From where I sat this is what I saw of the bride and groom... I wish I got a better picture of her dress... it was breathtaking!

















First kiss...

Jacqueline truly made a BEAUTIFUL bride!

Duane will make a great husband... Here he is holding Jacqueline's bouquet for her. I caught glimpse of him several times holding the train of her wedding dress for her so she would be able to walk without tripping over it.


















And then they changed and came back for the reception... They look SOOOOO happy!


And finally... the cake....










This bride and groom were soooo nice. They made sure their guest were well taken care of and kept thanking everyone for coming. The food was EXCELLENT!!!! Catered by "Always Perfect Catering" which certainly lived up to their name! 

Oh! And the name of the venue is "Lac de' Fleur Gardens" in Washougal, Washington.  Really nice people there too! There was not a moment at that wedding where I felt like I didn't belong. They are an amazing couple and I feel so blessed to have been their cake person! Heartfelt congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Duane and Jacqueline Noack! Such beautiful people! It was a lovely, amazing time! If only all weddings were like this!

1 comment:

  1. wow, i want to get married. again. to the same man. But there. You can make my cake!

    ReplyDelete