Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ladybug cakes

I got this call from one of my teachers' niece... she needed a cake for her daughter... in one week! There wasn't much time to prepare! And because her aunt was one of  my favorite teachers, I wanted to do the cake for her regardless of the short notice. All she said was that the theme was  summer theme. I thought of the easiest thing I could come up on such short notice, yet still have it look decent... this is what I came up with...

She also wanted a candle cake... a little cake that her daughter can blow out a candle on. Sorry for the bad picture... I was in a rush when I took these pictures.



So, then, the very next day, I get a message from a good friend of mine who needed a cake within 6 days because someone who was responsible for ordering a cake for a welcoming party for her niece flaked out and didn't get cake, food, nutt'n! Could I make the cake for her? At the time I as going to summer school 4 days a week, 4 hours in the morning, and 3 in the night. There was no time to think of something original, so I mentioned to her about the cake I had just made and if she thought it would be OK to make one with the same theme. She said "SURE!" It turned out that her niece's room just happened to be decorated with ladybugs as well! There you go...perfect! A "no thinking" cake.  Apparently the new theme of nieces is now ladybugs? LOL!!! Anyway... this is the baby shower version of the ladybug cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment